Kanye West continues his European run of live TV performances, moving from England to France as he performs "Black Skinhead" on Le Grand Journal. He's once again accompanied by Mano and Mike Dean, who give this Yeezus cut another fresh spin with the added piano. The performance is presented in black and white as we see 'Ye spaz on stage in usual great fashion. This time, he even performs while laying on the ground. One can't not vibe with 'Ye's max. energy here. Enjoy this one above and be sure to also watch his recent performances late last week below.
There were so many highlights in these two performances that I'll list 'em below.
- Charlie Wilson's impromptu singing in "New Slaves" and the natural chemistry he and Kanye have.
- Kanye's blank stares upward.
- Kanye's improved ending to his second verse.
- This shot.
- The quality of shots and cuts, combined with the dark lighting and spotlights throughout. Jools Holland is on the top tier of performance presentation amongst other mainstream outlets.
- The various levels of autotune that 'Ye experiments with in "Blood On The Leaves"
- This ending.
- And, overall, the amazing artistry on display. All of Kanye's Yeezus performances thus far have brought the song to life and given it an extra level of energy that reminds us why 'Ye is hands-down one of the elite performers in the game. I couldn't be more excited about the Yeezus tour comin' to town.
Out in the U.K. right now, Kanye West stopped by Jools Holland and was accompanied by Charlie Wilson for another live performance of "Bound 2" (following up on last week's on Fallon) and this was another great one of one of everyone's favorite tracks off Yeezus. Per usual with 'Ye, you feel him feel the music. "Bound 2" was also enhanced by Charlie Wilson's free flowing singing and how the camera captured 'Ye up close and Charlie in the background. You'll also notice in the background Mike Dean and Chi-Town's own Mano, which really worked visually as well. Watch above ICYMI!
To celebrate the release of their new collab with BAPE, RSVP Gallery's providing a new installment of #RSVPCountryClub at 36 E. Grand. Stop by and cop the collection in person, with the online release happening at 10am tomorrow. Plus, Iggy & Mano will be in the house DJing. Here's another sharp flier:
The whole world got Treated a couple weeks ago when Ye performed on SNL, prompting many people to ask, "Who was that DJ goin' all out with his shirt off?" But there was a good number of us who knew - that was Mano just doin' his thing... Well NYLON Guys Magazine is taking note too, featuring Mano in this month's edition in collaboration with G-Shock. So go out and grab that. But before you do, listen to what Mano's done for y'all on this "Sharpstown Mall Remix" of Beyonce's "Party," featuring a new verse referencing an impromptu backstage party at Madison Square Garden... Damn, that sounds tight.