The 'Red October' Air Yeezy 2s — perhaps the most anticipated shoe release for the rest of 2013. And Kanye's giving 'em away to lucky fans who purchase his new album, Yeezus.
The gist: Starting tomorrow, simply purchase Yeezus in-stores or on iTunes, OR send an email to email@example.com to receive an access code. It looks like you can just e-mail them for the access code. 'Ye has a limited amount: 50 pairs that he'll be giving away in 3 weekly drawings. For the full details: giveaway.kanyewest.com.
Let's just say if the Bulls were in 4th quarter of Game 7 of the NBA Finals (like we are at posting time), I would not take the time out to make a post that Kanye & Kim named their baby a direction. North West. TMZ reports. Twitter to joke... after the game.
Yeezus and Arrested Development fans, this post is for you. Courtesy of the creatives over at Entertainment Weekly comes a fun quiz that sounds ridiculous on the surface, but is actually quite funny once you dive into the questions below. Is it a Yeezus lyric by Kanye West OR a quote from Lucille Bluth? Ha! Can't wait to finish up the new season of Arrested, it's been hilarious so far. Anyway, here are the questions:
1. “They ordered champagne, but still look thirsty.”
2. “I’ll be out on parole by the time you work up a tear.”
3. “That coat cost more than your house!”
4. “You remember where we first met? Okay, I don’t remember where we first met.”
5. “Everybody wants to live at the top of the mountain.”
6. “If I don’t get run out by Catholics, here come some conservative Baptists.”
7. “Where’s my maid? ROBOT!”
8. “You love me when I’m hungover.”
9. “Who let that black [bleep] in?”
10. “A sea of waiters, and no one will take a drink order.”
11. “Go and grab the reporters so I can smash their recorders.”
12. “I’d rather be dead in California than alive in Arizona.”
June 18th is here! The biggest release day in hip hop so far this year and we're celebrating this with a fresh new edition of our newsletter.
Every week we send you what you may have missed on Gowhere and more straight to your e-mail so be sure to sign up now and catch tonight's newsletter on Yeezus, Born Sinner, and WMWTSO — plus many more in the future!
02 Holy Name of Mary Choral Family: "He'll Give Us What We Really Need ("On Sight")
03 Marilyn Manson: "The Beautiful People" ("Black Skinhead")
04 Capleton: "Forward Inna Dem Clothes" ("I Am A God")
05 Omega, Omega: "Gyöngyhajú lány" ("New Slaves")
06 Rahul Dev Burman, Asha Bhosle, Manna Dey: "Are Zindagi Hai Khel" ("I Am A God")
07 Kenny Lattimore: "Lately" ("I'm In It")
08 Nina Simone: "Strange Fruit" ("Blood On The Leaves")
09 TNGHT: "R U Ready" ("Blood On The Leaves")
10 Snoop Dogg: "Down 4 My N's: "("Blood On The Leaves")
11 Lords Of The Underground: "Chief Rocka" ("Guilt Trip")
12 Pusha T ft Popcann Travis Scott: "Blocka" ("Guilt Trip")
13 Beenie Man: "Memories" ("Send It Up")
14 Wee: "Aeroplane (Reprise)" ("Bound 2")
16 Ponderosa Twins Plus One: "Bound" ("Bound 2")
17 Brenda Lee: "Sweet Nothin" ("Bound 2")
I love this time for new Kanye albums — the samples are researched, digested, then put into a mix for the saavy interwebs to enjoy. Above is the case for Yeezus, courtesy of Babylon Cartel's Gianni Lee & Mike Blud, to coincide with the album's official release today. Listen and download a 55 minute mix of all the samples used for the polarizing album above.
And polarizing is the one word I'd choose after gauging a variety of reviews from the biggest national publications to tweets and Facebook statuses. That's a whole 'nother topic for another post, but for now, enjoy Yeezus on another level... hit those samples above (do you have a favorite?) and then cross-check it with the actual album below... made available for free streaming on Spotify today. Happy Yeezy Season!
Here it is! The full video of Kanye West's American Psycho-inspired short film starring Scott Disick and Jonathan Cheban. This was projected over the weekend in select cities and now can be viewed as a commercial for Yeezus. As you may expect, given the inspiration, the end product is pretty twisted. To me, it comes off a tad forced, but I appreciate it as an innovative piece of art and promo. What do you guys think?
Alas, at posting time, Yeezus is officially available now! Happy Yeezy Season!
starring Leonardo DiCaprio directed by Martin Scorsese
More Yeezus is upon us — this time crossing over into high-profile upcoming movies. Namely the upcoming Scorsese film starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew McConaughey, and Jonah Hill (you may have heard of them) — The Wolf of Wall Street. "Black Skinhead" is the appropriate backdrop to the new trailer above and between that and the premise below, I'm pretty intrigued to see this film in November.
In The Wolf of Wall Street, DiCaprio would play Belfort, a Long Island penny stockbroker who served 20 months in prison for refusing to cooperate in a massive 1990s securities fraud case that involved widespread corruption on Wall Street and in the corporate banking world, including mob infiltration.
John Legend releases the new single to Love In The Future, and it's rumored to have been produced by Kanye West. He said to Hello Beautiful (who had the premiere): "I worked on it with Kanye a lot. He’s the executive producer of the album. He’s been very involved with a lot of the tracks." Rap-Up states that West co-produced this with Dave Tozer (who also co-wrote "Made To Love" with John).
The dominant tribal sounds and samples are evident of Kanye's style, while a beautiful orchestral outro also sounds like it has Ye's touch on it. Vocally, you know John Legend is going to bring it and this is no exception, and conceptually, he sings to his lady that they're meant to be together. Love the sound and I'm vibing with the lyrics. Love In The Future drops September 3rd.
01. On Sight (Produced by Daft Punk) [Kanye West, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, Thomas Bangalter, Malik Jones, Che Smith, Elon Rutberg, Cydel Young, Derrick Watkins, Mike Dean & Keith Carter, Sr.]
02. Black Skinhead (Produced by Daft Punk) [CyHi The Prynce, Lupe Fiasco, Malik Yusef]
03. I Am A God (Featuring God) (Produced by Daft Punk) [Kanye West, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, Thomas Bangalter, Malik Jones, Cydel Young, Elon Rutberg, Wasalu Jaco, Sakiya Sandifer, Mike Dean & Derrick Watkins]
04. New Slaves (Featuring Frank Ocean) (Kanye West, Christopher Breaux, Cydell Young, Gabor Presser, Anna Adamis, Ben Bronfman, Malik Jones, Che Smith, Elon Rutberg, Sakiya Sandifer, Louis Johnson & Mike Dean)
05. Hold My Liquor (Feat. Chief Keef & Justin Vernon) [Kanye West, Mike Dean, Justin Vernon, Keith Cozart, Elon Rutberg, Che Smith, Malik Jones, Alejandro Ghersi, Cydel Young & Derrick Watkins]
06. I’m In It (Feat. Travis Scott) [Kanye West, Justin Vernon, Andre Harris, Jill Scott, Vidal Davis, Carvin Haggins, Kenny Lattimore, Jeffrey Campbell, Josh Leary, Malik Jones, Cydel Young, Sakiya Sandifer, Elon Rutberg & Mike Dean]
07. Blood On The Leaves [Kanye West, Ross Birchard, Lewis Allen, Elon Rutberg, Malik Jones, Tony Williams, Cydel Young & Mike Dean]
08. Guilt Trip (Feat. Kid Cudi) (Produced by S1) [Kanye West, Scott Mescudi, Keith Elam, Kevin Hansford, Dupre Kelly, Chris Martin, Al Terik Wardrick, Marlon Williams, Terrence Thornton, Tyree Pittman, Cydel Young, Mike Dean & Larry Griffin Jr.]
09. Send It Up (Feat. King L) [Kanye West, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, Thomas Bangalter, Michael Levy, Moses Davis, Colin York, Lowell Dunbar, Louis Johnson, Alejandro Ghersi, Sakiya Sandifer, Ab-Liva, Elon Rutberg & Mike Dean]
10. Bound 2 (Feat. Charlie Wilson) [Kanye West, John Stephens, Charlie Wilson, Elon Rutberg, Norman Whiteside, Bobby Massey, Robert Dukes, Che Pope, Cydel Young, Malik Jones, Sakiya Sandifer, Mike Dean & Ronnie Self]
Yeezus fans, now dive into the writing credits for the album. It's interesting to see such names as Lupe Fiasco, Jill Scott, Cyhi The Prynce, John Stephens, and more who contributed some writing to songs on the album. Using "Black Skinhead" as an example, I would have loved to see that creative process between 'Ye and Lupe. And you can say that about any of these tracks, really. What do you think about the writers on Yeezus?!
Kanye tweeted out not only new projection locations yesterday, but also new music. And that turned out to be his new American Psycho-themed film with Scott Disick, that was leaked about last week. The video above is some footage Rap-Up got in L.A. but the audio is not decipherable. With the times listed on the site, there looks like there's more projections tonight — including in Chicago. I was led to believe that it would be happening last night in the early AM hours but we drove by the United Center seeing no one and our old reviewer Rich "City Hall" Mayor messaged me nothin went down at Millennium Park. We'll see if some better video surfaces and if there's more tonight!
UPDATE: Here's a clip from Toronto with decipherable audio of the scene.