Two more performances from Kanye West on Jools Holland. Earlier this week, he magnificently performed "Bound 2" with Charlie Wilson. Above, he does just the same, accompanied by the same three guys (Mano on the turntables and Mike Dean providing a piano version of the "New Slaves" beat.)
There were so many highlights in these two performances that I'll list 'em below.
- Charlie Wilson's impromptu singing in "New Slaves" and the natural chemistry he and Kanye have.
- Kanye's blank stares upward.
- Kanye's improved ending to his second verse.
- This shot.
- The quality of shots and cuts, combined with the dark lighting and spotlights throughout. Jools Holland is on the top tier of performance presentation amongst other mainstream outlets.
- The various levels of autotune that 'Ye experiments with in "Blood On The Leaves"
- This ending.
- And, overall, the amazing artistry on display. All of Kanye's Yeezus performances thus far have brought the song to life and given it an extra level of energy that reminds us why 'Ye is hands-down one of the elite performers in the game. I couldn't be more excited about the Yeezus tour comin' to town.
ICYMI: "Bound 2"
© 2012 GOWHERE — All Rights Reserved
"One must give value to their existence, by behaving as if one’s very existence were a work of art."